News: Press Releases
UPMC Offers Support Groups/Clinics in July
ALTOONA, Pa., July 5, 2017
— UPMC Altoona
offers the following support group meetings and patient clinics in July as a public service to the community. They are listed alphabetically according to where they are held.
Support groups meeting at the hospital, 620 Howard Ave., use the Allegheny and Bedford rooms, the Rotunda on the 6th floor of the Outpatient Center, Dining Room A in the Cafeteria in Tower 4, and the Board Room in Tower 5.
- Alzheimerís Disease Support Group 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., July 25, Allegheny Room. Call 814-889-2141
- Bariatric Information Sessions by UPMC Altoona Surgical Associates, 5 to 6 p.m., July 19, Allegheny Room. Pre-registration required. Call 814-889-7500.
- The Depression and Bipolar Self-Help Group meets 7 to 8:30 p.m., every Wednesday, Bedford Room. Call 814-889-2141.
- Emergency Responder Support Group meets 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., July 12, Rotunda. Call Mike at 814-505-2901.
- Parkinsonís Support Group, 11 a.m., July 31, at Hossís Restaurant, 621 Valley View Blvd.
- Support Group for Those Who Have Lost a Loved One Through Suicide meets from 7 to 8:30 p.m., July 19, in the conference room in the Access Center, Building C, Blair Medical Center, 501 Howard Ave. (across from UPMC Altoona). Following the loss of a loved one from suicide, individuals can find themselves searching for answers and feeling indescribably alone in their grief. This suicide survivor support group offers a place of understanding. Call 814-889-2141.
The following support groups meet at Station Medical Center
17th Street and 9th Avenue. For the Conference Room, use the K-4 entrance next to Fresenius Dialysis.
For the Sleep Center, use the UPMC Altoona Outpatient entrance.
- Breastfeeding Connections support group is offered 10 to 11 a.m., and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., July 26, Conference Room. Call 814-889-2557.
- The Grief Support Group meets at 6 p.m., July 19, Conference Room. Call 814-889-2132.
- La Leche League meets 10 a.m. to noon, July 10, Conference Room. Call 814-934-0466.
- The Sleep Apnea Support Group meets 6 p.m., July 25. Conference Room. Call 814-889-4466.
- The Stroke Support Group meets from noon to 2 p.m., July 11, Conference Room. Call 814-889-2356.
About UPMC Community Benefits
Free educational programs are part of the more than $892 million a year that UPMC
provides in total IRS-defined community benefits, including more care to the Pittsburgh regionís most vulnerable citizens than any other health care institution. Over the past five years, UPMC has dedicated nearly $4 billion to community-focused
programs and services, making a substantial impact for the well-being of the people who live, work, learn and raise their families in
western Pennsylvania. The complete
UPMC Community Benefits Report
is available online at upmc.com.