What Our Patients Say
Each day, patients and their families experience the commitment of Altoona Regional's exceptional
people to providing exceptional
Altoona Regional participates in the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Health Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) hospital survey to measure what kind of experience patients have here while receiving care.
We consistently rank above state and national averages on questions related to patients' satisfaction during their stay in the hospital. Currently, we exceed the state average on 9 out of 10 sections of questions.
to view our HCAHPS scores and to compare our performance against any other hospital in the country.
Altoona Regional also utilizes a professional, independent research firm called Professional Research Consultants, or PRC
, to randomly survey patients via telephone to assess their satisfaction with the health care services they received. Exceeding patients' expectations is our goal and we value their opinions on the care they received. We want to address anything that interferes with providing exceptional health care.
According to PRC:
- Altoona Regional Surgery Center finished in the nation's top 10th percentile of "excellent" for the "overall quality of care" question (calendar year 2009)
- Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit finished in the 100th percentile for our patients' perception of "safety" (calendar year 2009)
- B4 Med/Surg Unit finished in the nation's top 10th percentile of "excellent" for the "overall quality of care" question (calendar year 2009)
- Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit received the 5 Star Excellence Award for scoring in the top 10 percent nationally for responses of "excellent" in the category Overall Quality of Care, as well as the Best Practice designation for Overall Quality of Doctor’s Care and Overall Quality of Nursing Care (calendar year 2008)
- Medical Intensive Care Unit listed as a Best Practice in the category of Staff’s Courtesy and Friendliness (calendar year 2008)
- Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit listed as a Best Practice in both the Discharge Process and Overall Level of Safety categories (calendar year 2008)
- B3 Medical Surgical Unit listed as a Best Practice in the category of Patient Admission Process (calendar year 2008)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department listed as a Best Practice in the category Instructions and Explanations of Treatment category (calendar year 2008)
Our skilled and caring staff is the reason we're able to provide such a high level of care. We're proud of our physicians' and employees' dedication to providing patients with excellent service.