Commendations, Awards and Recognition
Commendations and awards
- Received a grade of 98% from Highmark Quality Blue for successful completion of infection control/patient safety projects.
- Received the Gold Star II and a cash award from Unison Health Plan of Pennsylvania for exemplary reduction in health care associated infections as published by the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council (PHC4).
- Received the American Heart Association Silver Plus performance achievement award for excellence in our stroke program.
- Received the Medal of Honor from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for achieving a 92.9 organ donation consent rate.
This is just a partial list of accomplishments that have earned us regional and national recognition:
- Prevention and reduction of MRSA infections
- Improved management of cardiac care
- Reduced surgical site infections and blood clots
- Reduced catheter-related bloodstream infections
- Elimination of ventilator-associated pneumonias in 2009
- Recertified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center